Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sensory Play With Colorful Tapioca Balls!




If you want to keep 15 preschoolers happy, curious, and engaged for OVER AN HOUR, try this amazing sensory play activity using colorful tapioca balls in water bins.

I bought a package of these tapioca pearls from Amazon. Some of them are already colored, but there are many white ones in the package as well. I wanted to make this activity as colorful as I could so I used food coloring to dye the remaining pearls vibrant colors.

I placed three different shallow plastic bins around the "work area", added about 2 or 3 inches of water, and found different kinds of containers to put in each bin. One bin had plastic cups, one had plastic boats, and one had baby bottles with lids.

cups
boats
baby bottles
I couldn't believe how long these little ones were engaged with this activity. After an hour they were still going strong, so I poured all three bins into their water table so they could keep going after our time was over. I highly recommend this activity for your preschoolers!!

magic!
look at the concentration!!









No comments:

Post a Comment