Saturday, October 8, 2016

Fun & Sparkly Flowers


My plan was to have the lambies make flowers for our rainforest mural, but after they spent so much time making these sparkly beauties they asked me if they were going to be able to take these home… How could I say no? Of course they became attached to these lovelies so I had to let them enjoy their sparkly goodness on their own turf. 
To make these fun flowers I brought:

  • white doilies
  • flowers cut out of red, pink, and purple construction paper
  • glitter glue in a variety of colors
  • sequins galore
  • and dot painting bottles

I basically wanted the lambies to do whatever they wanted with the materials so I just laid them all out on the tables and let them set to work. The fun part of this project was the process for these little guys. Getting their hands dirty with different feeling materials was a sensory wonderland! Some liked the goopy feel of the glitter glue and just piled it on, some liked to take a more methodical approach and "design" their flowers. Either way, the lambies enjoyed making these flowers and I'm so happy I let them take them home to their families.














No comments:

Post a Comment