Thursday, October 13, 2016

Lambs Love Snakes?!


Who knew that the lambies would love to decorate snakes? Not me! I wanted to add to our rainforest themed mural, the current state of which is this: (which by the way really brightens up that brick wall!)



A coupla weeks ago the lambies used pastels to decorate rainforest-y flowers and glued them to our already awesome leaf-y mural. Here's some pics of the kiddos in action:





One of the lambies took it upon himself to be the "gluer". He made sure everyone got glue on their flower and they all waited so patiently for their turn!

I love the cooperation here!


So this week I wanted to add snakes to the mural. I cut out a bunch of snakes using different colors of construction paper (I used yellow, orange, white, brown, and black, in an effort to provide contrast for the mural). 

Yes, this is the best pre-storm pic I got. Not much, sorry.

I laid them all out on the tables along with cut up shapes (also construction paper), markers, glue sticks, and some amazing fluorescent oil pastels.

I couldn't believe it but the lambies were so focused on this activity that it was actually quiet! I was shocked and pleasantly surprised. Sometimes when I expect them to spend a good amount of time on something they take 5 minutes. Other times when I expect them to spend 5 minutes they take an hour! Well, they had such a good time glueing shapes, coloring, and exploring those beautifully bright oil pastels that almost everyone asked me for another snake after they had spent 30 minutes working on their first one! I eventually ran out and they started working on the backs of theirs. It was truly amazing and I was so pleased that the activity was so successful. 








Mrs. Alma loved these snakes so much she asked if she could hang them on the tree in the classroom instead of on the mural. How could I say no?? 




This was SO MUCH FUN! I only hope I can engage them as much next week… yay for snakes!





No comments:

Post a Comment