Monday, September 25, 2017

Holy Shades of Red Batman, These Paintings Are Stunning!


Okay, seriously? I don't think I could make a better artwork than this one if I tried. This was made by a 4-year-old! I can't even stand how beautiful it and all of the other paintings the lambies made this morning are!

So, to start at the beginning... 

This month the lambies are learning about the color red and the shape circle. The first project we did was based on these as well, you can see that post here. Today, I wanted to do a final activity using these two elements again, and so this time I brought in:
  • large white paper (12x18)
  • red, magenta, florescent red, white and black tempera paints
  • pink and white circle stickers
  • tissue paper circles (hand cut) in a variety of reds and pinks (bleeding tissue though I don't think mattered in this project)


For the paints I put 1-2 colors in each bowl. Each one had one of the red paints, and then they were either just red or I added some white or black to the bowl. The lambies mixed them up if they felt like it or just used the colors as they were if they wanted to. 







Some of the great conversations going on during this activity were:
  • "Look! Did you know that mixing red and white makes pink?!"
  • "Black with red makes a nice dark red."
  • "_________, your painting looks so beautiful, I love that bright pink color you made!"















The lambies had a great time as usual and although they each finished at their own pace the last ones worked for the full hour on their paintings! I am holding onto all of these for our May Art Show - each one is different from the next and I think they are all truly spectacular works of art.

Look at these amazing works below!!

























This next one was done by a visiting older lambie, who is now in Kindergarten... amazing!











No comments:

Post a Comment