Monday, April 16, 2018

Bubble-Wrap Printing + Shapes = A Lambie Art-Fest!


OMGoodness I just love these finished pieces! Even though this art activity was all about process, I am floored by how beautiful and different each of the lambies final pieces came out!  I would be into framing and hanging up each and every one of these lovelies in my home - they are so cheerful and fun to look at!




The supplies:

  • 12 x 18 white or off-white paper thick enough to hold paint
  • pieces of bubble wrap (these were cut into about 5 x 7 inch pieces)
  • paint in a variety of colors mixed with a little glue (to hold on shapes to be added later)
  • paint brushes
  • tissue paper circles 
  • colorful shapes cut out of cardstock (I made rectangles and used a heart punch for hearts - but you could do any shapes/colors you wanted)


The process:

  • First I showed the lambies how to paint on the bumpy side of the bubble wrap and then turn it over onto their paper to print the circles. I let them go at that process for quite a while, switching around the paint colors once in a while to give them some variety and keep up their interest. You know how they love novelty!
Magic!






More magic!



  • Once a few lambies started to say they were "done", I brought out the tissue paper circles, and showed them how to press them onto their papers over wet paint, or paint on the paper and put the circles on top.

  • Next I put out the cardstock shapes and they went to town adding hearts and rectangles to their artwork. 

  • After they were all done and hung up, we had time for an "art share". We walked around and each lambie got to present their artwork and talk about it. Most of them said something like this: "I made this myself and so I'm giving it to my mom," which was just about the sweetest thing ever. Some talked about the colors and shapes they added. And some talked about what their painting was a picture of. All in all they were really proud of themselves and so am I!
K's work in progress...

... and the finished piece!

Lincoln's work in progress...

... and his finished artwork!







This one literally takes my breath away.
This little lambie LOVES to paint!

And our resident minimalist who always makes careful choices.





Look at our hands!








1 comment: