Saturday, April 14, 2018

Toddlers Wuv Twains!

A while back (I am in the process of catching up on my posts), the Lambies were learning about trains and spending lots of time playing trains during play time. Mrs. Alma asked me if I could plan an art lesson around trains and so I started by reading this book to the lambies:


Our local library had this book in the oversized version which is always really fun for the little ones. While we read the book together we talked about the shapes of the train cars and the wheels.

On the ground I had laid out three large paper rolls and drew a different shaped train track design on each one. The lambies watched while I drew with black sharpie: one was an oval, one a figure-8, and one was a random twist and turn design.

Next, I handed out rectangular sponges and bowls of tempera paint in all of the colors of the rainbow, and black paint with flat-round stamping sponges. The lambies had a blast printing trains on the tracks, traveling to each paper, and stamping on the wheels!

Purple train cars

Red, blue, green!



Sharing is caring.



This little lambie is doin' her own thang.







Lots of wheels!







Learning is messy!



The twins last the longest, love them!

Masterpieces complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment